Water parks are a great way to beat the heat in the summer! I have kids that range from 3-14 years old and it is HARD entertaining all kids but the waterpark is our go to. If you follow me on social media you know I am at Typhoon Texas about 3 times a week. Over those trips I have figured out what my essentials and must haves are to be able to have fun, be safe from the sun and water, and be able to capture pictures (as all social media blogger moms do). LOL
I have partnered with Typhoon Texas to share with you my Water Park must haves!
Here is my essentials list
- Canasta a must have water friendly bag to hold all the things LOL
- Towels (of course!)
- Hats : my kids don’t wear them long but I try
- Sunscreen: always protect yourself from the sun
- Goggles : I don’t get my face wet but my kids like to put their heads in the water and chlorine burns!
- Waterproof phone case : to take pictures lol but mainly because my teen goes solo and I would like him to be able to contact me
- Water shoes : cement burns your feet when walking from one place to another so these are a must for the kiddos
- Extra change of clothes
- Refillable souvenir cups : we have season passes that come with a souvenir cup! honestly this has been a life saver because you always want to make sure to stay hydrated when in the sun
I know that sounds like alot to carry for multiple kids BUT I have my kids carry their own stuff in their own water friendly baskets their size.
I always prepare and pack the night before we go. I have their bathing suits and water shoes laid out and their baskets next to them. I make sure that they eat a big breakfast before we leave the house so they can be ready to play and we have a lunch there and I keep extra snacks in the car so they have something to snack on for the ride home. If they even have the energy because as soon as we hit the car 98% of the time they pass out!