When I first started a blog it was to share my mom tips and tricks while being a working mom. I had no expectations on working with brands and being compensated for anything it was just a hobby. It wasn’t until I became a SAHM that I started seeing the potential in blogging. I have only been a SAHM for 2 years and sometimes I think I can do it all and take on everything and I put my blog on the backburner. So this year I made some personal blog goals. I know It will prob sound like a record on repeat but I feel more motivated than ever. SO here are my goals
- One blog post a week: I am a rollercoaster when it comes to blogging so I plan on being more consistent and I will blog at least once a week to stay with the momentum.
- Be more social: I am really shy and it is hard to tell because of my RBF and it seems like I am judging everyone. Not being social has really held me back not only when it comes to my blog but also making new friends and making connections. I plan on putting myself more out there whether it is social media friend or a cool mom I see at the park.
- Create a media kit: I have had brands reach out to me to do a collaboration and I really enjoy it however I have a wishlist of brands that would be a dream to work with but I do not have the confidence because I do not have a media kit and I feel my blog has not reach their standards yet.
- Reach out to brands: Ok so this one goes with number 3 but it is really a major goal of mine.
- Learn more about SEO: Blogging has a whole different language I know nothing about especially SEO so I plan on educating myself more whether its reading, youtube or attending conferences.
I have had many people reach out to me about how much they enjoy my blogs and I need to use that motivation to hold myself accountable. My husband is really motivating and reminds me everyday what I should be doing because he believes in me. If you are planning to start a blog I feel that taking from my goals list will help you achieve great success in more than half the time it has taken me,